Finally, a giant 21-day update summary has arrived! A ginormous amount of changes were made meanwhile. Ranging from an enormous amount of small bugfixes to massive revamps of games! And so, without further ado, let's get straight into the changes!Spleent Update!
A new map was added! It is called Flowercrest
and it was built by Sqouziii
. It is really beautiful but very small and challenging!
Realm of Almarath is finally back!
- First Spleent Map was renamed into Cortex. This name was suggested by Moazy_.
- If your Creeper explodes a player, it will now count as your kill.
- Creepers will no longer take fall damage.
- Realm of Almarath is back to open alpha testing! You can join it using the NPC in the main lobby or this command:
- A new Combat system was created! Now Hunger bar shows your Stamina.
- Stamina is decreased when you sprint or use your weapon. Stamina is repleshined gradually as the time passes. If your Stamina becomes low, you won't be able to sprint and if you run out of it, you won't even be able to attack! Beacuse of that, spam-clicking become less effective and you'll have to wait some time between the attacks.
- Mob spawnpoint system was improved, a spawnpoint will no longer spawn any more mobs if it already has 3 mobs alive who were spawned from it.
- Your health is now saved, so after you join the game your health will be set to whatever was before.
- Knights now start the game with a Shield.
- If you log out within 3 seconds of being attacked, it will now count as a death.
- Death chests in Realm of Almarath now have the player head above them so you can identify who died here easier.
- Health and damage of Wolves have been increased, the same applies to their XP gains, they will now also attack other mobs, but not other wolves!
- Silverfish XP gains were increased.
- Killer Bunny's damage was increased
- XP gains by killing mobs which are above level 0 were increased by 50%.
- Item and potion drop chance from mobs were increased to 15% (5% ---> 15%) and to 100% from bosses. (45% ---> 100%).
bugs are expected, the game is very unfinished right now and a lot is going to be improved & added & changed + custom resource pack for the game will be released at some point in the future.Castle Wars Update!
Snowball Update!New Juggernaut mode!Elimination
- Horse health was increased from 20 ❤ to 30 ❤.
- Damage of all types of units was decreased.
- Unit stats as (health, damage, armour) were added to training icons.
- Unit speed system was remade:
- Archers are now faster than Swordsmen due to lighter armour.
- Horses with Swordsmen on them are now slower than Horses with Archers on them due to the difference in weights.
- Horse speed overall has been decreased.
- The glowing effect is now purely client-side and not server-side.
- /speed command now works in Castle Wars!
mode was replaced with Juggernaut
mode, because of the unfairness of Elimination
mode, one player is chosen to be the Juggernaut
. He gets x3 ❤
. All other players have to team against the Juggernaut
, if the Juggernaut
is killed - the killer becomes the Juggernaut
. It is "everyone vs one" game, but the win condition is the same as in the Deathmatch
mode, the player with the most points wins, you get points for each player you kill.Other Snowball Changes
Gamecore & Main Lobby
- If you die 2 times in a row in Team Deathmatch / Deathmatch modes with no kills in-between, your killer will now get half the amount of points he would normally receive.
- Throwable Cobweb was improved! Previously it could only replace air blocks, now it is possible to throw it into tall grass! The block will become tall grass once again after the Throwable Cobweb despawns.
- Spawn points in non-team modes were changed to fit the game better, now it is less likely for them to be too close to each other.
- You can now earn Emeralds & Melons with as low as 3 players in-game. (4 ---> 3)
- You now get permanent Speed I effect in the Maze map to compensate for its size!
- When you receive a Snowman for reaching 5 killstreak you now get an explaining message.
- Spawnpoint Switch power-up was added! It costs a total of 7 melons. You will respawn at enemy spawnpoint instead of your own after death after you have bought it! This power-up is exclusive to Team Deathmatch and Capture The Flag modes.
- Description of modifier/mode when you hover on its vote message/activated modifiers message was added, so now it's much easier to know what each modifier/mode does without looking at voting GUI.
- Players who are offline for 90+ days are no longer shown in leaderboards, if they join back they will be shown again. This was made to avoid leaderboards being clogged up by players who no longer join the server and let new active ones to get there easier.
- Every game join hologram above NPC is now centered.
- Games which aren't stable and still require a lot of work now will have red names.
- Realm of Almarath and Castle Wars game join NPCs were added to the Main Lobby.
- You can now use /sit in the Main Lobby!
- Player collision was disabled server-wide!
- Mimic mob was added! It has 1% chance to replace a newly opened chest, if you kill it - it will spawn a chest at its location with normal loot!
- Fun fact: it is possible for a mimic to be inside a mimic inside a mimic... (This requires a lot of luck though!)
Mini Sky Walls Update!
- Players will now have Saturation effect during the first minute of the game, so food is now a less concern.
- Gravity system now works better in Gaia: The New Earth map.
- Deathmatch timer was reduced to 8 minutes. (10 ---> 8)
- /votedm command was added, if all alive players in the game use it, deathmatch timer will be reduced to 1 minute.
- An action bar which shows the time left until PvP is enabled was added.
- Dragon no longer destroys blocks.
- When you get teleported to void for trying to bypass the wall, you now receive an explaining message.
- Death messages system was finished, now if you die before your Crystal of Life is destroyed, your death message will be displayed to your team.
- Death code of the game was massively optimised.
- Dragon egg crafting recipe was removed as it was very difficult and not really useful to craft, now dragon spawns after 10 minutes of the game had passed.
- The Crystal of Life of an empty team is now removed automatically.
- Overall code of the game was optimised, useless fragments of code were removed.
A lot of changes are untested, so let Govindas
know on Discord
if something is wrong or if there are any more bugs left!Bug Fixes
- GL-31 If you hit friendly Snowman, it'll start attack you and you'll get the points for a kill in Snowball.
- GL-32 Checkers seem to break time to time.
- GL-33 You can attack other players before 'You can attack other players' message in GSG.
- GL-52 You receive 2 iron ingots and 1 iron ore on an iron block break in MSW.
- GL-54 You can't damage any of the crystals in MSW: Sky of Caribbean map!
- GL-55 After a player kill whose inventory has cobblestone you receive "+0 cobblestone" message in MSW.
- GL-56 After a player dies by himself the same message is still sent to a player who killed them first in MSW.
- GL-57 Death messages simply do not appear at all to nor the victim nor the other players in MSW.
- GL-61 There are some missing words in messages of ROA.
- GL-63 If you fly far away from enemy selected units and then fly back, they would get glowing effect visible for you, while supposed to be only visible to the enemy in Spleent.
- GL-64 If you stand on side of a block during the time when blocks are being removed on which you step, the block wouldn't be removed in Spleent.
- GL-65 Creepers often die from fall damage in Spleent maps.
- GL-66 When a Creeper kills a player it doesn't count as a kill for the killer in Spleent.
- GL-67 It says "Do not place blocks close to the wall!" but it doesn't cancel placement of blocks in MSW.
- GL-68 Dragons aren't working at all in MSW!
- GL-69 Castle Wars NPC in Main Lobby isn't working for non-ops.